As well as being available on the App Store, the Foldr iOS app can be ‘purchased’ via the Apple VPP store and delivered to your iOS devices using a compatible Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution using Managed Distribution
Meraki’s Systems Manager mobile device management (MDM) supports managed app configuration, the framework to setup iOS apps in this way. Here we’ll show you how to configure Foldr for iOS using Systems Manager.
As well as deploying the app en masse, an administrator is also able to preconfigure the app mode, set various app settings and enforce security settings as appropriate.
- Defining the address of the Foldr server
- Specify whether users can change the server address
- Setting the app mode to shared or personal
- Defining whether a pin code or password is required to launch the Foldr app
- Define whether the pin/passcode is required after the app is backgrounded
- Specify the maximum local cache
- Define a time after which the app logs out should there be no user activity (in shared mode)
- First log into Systems Manager. Then Choose ‘Apps’ from the side bar on the left.
Click ‘+ Add new’ and then ‘iOS app’
Search for ‘Foldr’ (make sure the correct country for your location is shown here). Click ‘Add’.
- Click ‘Save Changes’ to add Foldr to Systems Manager
- Next choose ‘Settings from from the side bar on the left
- To create a new profile for Foldr, click ‘+ Add settings’
- Then choose ‘App Settings’
- To apply the configuration to Foldr, choose Foldr from the ‘Choose an app’ picker
- Enter the keys and values to complete your configuration, then click ‘Save Changes’
In the example configuration shown here the Foldr app is set to Personal mode, the Foldr server address has been pre-populated. Users of this iPad are unable to change the address of the Foldr server and the app’s cache has been set to 256MB.